The Boone County Community Trust encourages your organization to apply for a grant to sustain your continuing efforts to make Boone County a better place for all our citizens.
To assist you in applying for a grant, we have tried to make the application process as easy as possible. Please review the Trust’s Guidelines and Restrictions first to understand what is required for your submission. We have developed a Checklist which will aid you in determining if you have all of the documents necessary for a complete submission.
There is also a Sample Application which shows a fictitious company applying for a grant. It has several explanations on what to include and why the Trust requests that information. You may download these files at the bottom of this page. If you have any questions, try looking at the FAQ page to see if there is an answer already supplied.
Applications shall be in writing, and shall contain the following information:
- The applying organization’s legal name, mailing address, principal point of contact and telephone number, history of the organization, and type of organizational entity.
- Statement of your organization’s mission, objectives and services offered.
- Is your organization located in Boone County, Missouri and the number of citizens you benefit with your services.
- List of key personnel and their qualifications.
- Letter of acknowledgement from the governing board approving this request for funds.
- A copy of the Internal Revenue Service Tax Exemption letter for the organization, accompanied by any conditional provisions to it.
- Type of funds requested: Capital Improvements/Repairs or Operational.
- A description of the proposed project or services involved in the request.
- A description of the anticipated benefit to Boone County citizens.
- A financial breakdown of the expenses for the project (please include a detailed list of component prices of the project or service and competitive bids for equipment or services)
- A statement showing why regular revenues will not cover the anticipated project of service cost, and why Boone County Community Trust should make a contribution.
- A timeline detailing the date of completion of the project.
- A description of efforts to collaborate with others in the community to complete this project. This may be other charitable organizations or trusts. Please include the name of these organizations and their contribution to the project.
- A description of fundraising efforts underway specifically for this project.
- Provide six (6) copies of your proposal request to Boone County Community Trust.
- Please attach the completed Checklist with your proposal submission.
The following are restrictions established by the Selection Committee:
- Capital funds requests will receive primary consideration.
- Funds will not be provided for operational expenses, nor typically computers, copiers or other electronic equipment.
- The Selection Committee meets twice yearly and applications for these meetings are due on April 1 and September 1.
- Applications which are clearly of an emergency nature may be made and encouraged where a determined need exists. Please contact the Trust administrator via email to make this request.
- The Trust is not allowed to provide funds to any organization unless it is exempt from federal income taxes. This will ordinarily entail possession of a Tax Exemption Letter from the IRS. Evidence of exemption is mandatory, even in emergencies.
- The Trust is allowed to fund only those organizations which wholly or
- chiefly benefit Boone County, Missouri citizens.
The BCCT Selection Committee meets twice yearly in May and then again in October to consider requests for funding. Applications must be submitted prior to April 1st and September 1st to be eligible for review. Please ensure your submission is mailed in time to make this cut-off date.
Proposal applications should be delivered or mailed to:
Central Trust Company
Attention: Jan Witherwax
Central Bank of Boone County
720 East Broadway, 4th Floor
P.O. Box 577 Columbia, MO 65205
Email us: [email protected]
Applicants receiving funds are required to notify the Boone County Community Trust when a project has been completed. Documentation must be submitted to report how funds are used including receipts for purchases within 30 days of project completion.
To receive docx files of the application Guidelines, Restrictions, Checklist and Sample Application, please click “Download.”
To review the Frequently Asked Questions page, please click “FAQ.”